A supported break from your caring role.
Nexus Respite Care provides carers with a short break from their caring role to undertake daily activities.
Our service is confidential and respectful of your needs, circumstances and culture.
Respite Care is provided in your home or allocated venue and may be for a few hours or a day. Our skilled staff will work with you to understand and meet your individual needs giving your loved ones piece of mind.
Nexus provides Respite Care on a planned regular or emergency basis, including:
– In-home: a Nexus Support Worker providing support for you in your home while your carer goes out. This is available during the day.
– Centre-based day: usually takes place at a day centre or club so that you can do the things you enjoy – this may also include transport for you.
– Overnight or weekend: takes place outside of regular business hours as negotiated – cost may vary.
We can provide support for community members with a range of individual or unique needs including:
– frail older people,
– people with a disability,
– children with special needs.
Accessing this service:
To plan or discuss your Respite Care contact us on 1300 77 33 52.
Availability and cost of Nexus Respite Care may vary depending on your needs or eligibility.
· This service is available through self-funded (fee paying) system – ask us about fees. OR
· Via MyAgedCare on 1800 200 422 or www.myagedcare.gov.au and request Nexus as your preferred provider for Respite Care.
Categories: Community Engagement Comments