New @ Nexus: Autism Diagnostic Assessments
Nexus Primary Health can provide multi-disciplinary Autism Diagnostic Assessments for children as part of the Helping Children with Autism Initiative. Our service is confidential and respectful of your needs, circumstances and culture.
A multi-disciplinary Autism Diagnostic Assessment provides detailed information to assist with the formal diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder.
Each assessment is conducted by a Psychologist and Speech Pathologist or Occupational Therapist, as recommended by Autism Victoria.
The Autism Diagnostic Assessment package includes:
• 2 x 50 minute consultations with a Psychologist.
• 2 x 50 minute consultations with either a Speech Pathologist or Occupational Therapist, as requested by your referring doctor or specialist.
• Completion of standardised assessment tools.
• Comprehensive written reports provided to the referring Paediatrician/Psychiatrist.
Accessing this service:
• A Paediatrician or Psychiatrist referral is required for this service. Dr Jonathan Ajzner, Nexus Bulk Billing Paediatrician is available at the Nexus GP SuperClinic in Wallan on Wednesdays – to book call 1300 77 33 52.
• Consultations with the Psychologist and Speech Pathologist/Occupational Therapist will be bulk billed – therefore there is no out of pocket expense to you.
• A $250 resource fee – for assessment tools and reports – will be billed at the initial appointment.
Categories: New Programs Comments