Supporting Neighbourhood Houses and Men’s Sheds
Nexus Primary Health (Nexus) has provided integrated primary health services within the Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires for over 30 years. We are committed to working in partnership with Neighbourhood Houses and Men’s Sheds to support them to build and maintain a healthy and supportive community environment.
We understand that in many rural communities Neighbourhood Houses & Men’s Sheds are extremely influential and have the potential to positively impact and influence people’s health and wellbeing.
The reach of a community groups is significant and extends beyond the administrators, members and volunteers: for every 1 person, community groups can reach 10 people in the community!
How can Nexus support your Neighbourhood House or Men’s Shed?
1. Coordinate interactive health education sessions for disability awareness & inclusion, respectful relationships, sexual health, alcohol and drugs.
2. Provide your group with specific and/or age appropriate health promotion resources including the #YOLOLiveWell campaign posters.
3. Connect your group with local health services and professionals provided by Nexus to increase awareness of the variety of services available to the community.
4. Assist your group with the development and implementation of specific policies in relation to disability awareness & inclusion, respectful relationships, sexual health, alcohol and drugs that make your environment safe for everyone.
5. Promote in local media the great work that your group is doing in relation to supporting the health and wellbeing of the local community to build the profile of your group.
For more information about working with us contact the Nexus Marketing and Community Engagement Manager on 1300 77 33 52.
Categories: Community Engagement Comments