Health Promotion and Community Engagement
Our Preventive Health and Community Engagement Team has a strong philosophy of health promotion underpinned by the social determinants of health. We understand that to effectively influence the health and wellbeing of our communities we must address social and environmental determinants alongside biological and medical factors.
We address a range of key health priorities through strong partnerships with a variety of health and non-health organisations, including local government. We implement a range of mutually reinforcing actions through policy and program responses in settings where people live, work, learn and socialise.
This is achieved through a variety of methods including information and resources, community participation, policy development, interactive education, peer development, and social marketing.
Our team actively contributes to the implementation of the following plans/strategies:
* Lower Hume Primary Care Partnership: Integrated Health Promotion Plan
* Mitchell Shire Council Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan
* Mitchell Shire Council Social Justice FrameWork
* Murrindindi Shire Council Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan
* Building Inclusive Communities Program
[accordions id=”209″ ]