Mental Health and Wellbeing
Our experienced and highly skilled Mental Health team deliver a wide range of services that focus on individual strengths and goals.
Our team helps people whose lives are affected by mental health by assisting you to make positive changes in your life, and building self-confidence and life skills so you feel empowered to undertake your own recovery journey.
Our Counselling service provides you with support to explore more effective ways of managing the difficulties you may be experiencing in life. Our service is confidential and respectful of your needs, circumstances and culture.
Talking to a Counsellor may improve your emotional and psychological wellbeing by assisting you to;
- Work through ways to help you become clearer about what you want to do.
- Think clearly about your situation and find options that you may not have thought of.
- Try out new ways of dealing with problems to assist you to manage your health and wellbeing.
- Feel more in control of your life.
Accessing this service:
To make a Counselling appointment contact us on 1300 77 33 52.
This service is available through a self funded (fee paying) system or bulk billing as part of a Mental Health Plan, download the information sheet below for further information.
Nexus Horses Assisting You (HAY) is a unique service which provides opportunities to grow and heal through activities with horses. Your experiences with horses mirror everyday life. Horses always give humans immediate, non-judgemental, and unbiased feedback. They provide endless opportunities for you to learn more about yourself. Working with horses is an innovative alternative to traditional counselling.
HAY can assist people of all ages with:
- Depression, stress and anxiety,
- Anger issues,
- Grief and loss,
- Living with a disability,
- Addiction and substance abuse,
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,
- Family Violence and conflict,
- Relationships and parenting,
- Autism and behavioural issues,
- Leadership and professional development,
- Coping with difficult life stages or events such as adolescence, the birth of a child, unemployment, and chronic illness,
- Developing personal boundaries interpersonal communication and problem solving.
Accessing this service:
To make a HAY appointment contact us on 1300 77 33 52.
This service is available through a self funded (fee paying) system - speak to our team about fees or visit the fees page on our website. Download the information sheet below for further information.
This initiative is supported by Australian Government funding under the PHN Program.
LIFT ensures that every person seeking help with a Mental Health concern receives the right care at the right time from the right person.
LIFT provides expert support from mental health nurses, psychologists and counsellors, care coordinators and peer workers, to people who are not able to afford or access similar services, including asylum seekers.
We will work with you and your care team, building on your strengths, to support your recovery.
It is flexible, to meet your needs and recognises that the impact of your mental health concerns will vary over time.
Accessing this service:
To make a LIFT appointment contact us on 1300 77 33 52.
This service is FREE for any person that lives, works or studies in Wallan, Kinglake and surrounding areas, including the City of Whittlesea, City of Banyule, & Nillumbik Shire Council.
PHaMs assists people affected by mental health issues with recovery and individual goal setting. We believe that people with mental illness can lead a fulfilled life and be a valuable member of the community.
When you join PHaMs you will have your own worker to support and assist you along your recovery journey.
Our service is confidential and respectful of your needs, circumstances and culture.
A PHaMs worker can assist you with:
-Creating individualised goal plans based on your strengths.
-Involvement in your community.
-Connections to other services available in your community.
This is a free service available to anyone aged 16-64 years of age - you do not need a doctors diagnosis of mental illness.
Theraplay® focuses on improving a child's behavioural and emotional wellbeing through the development of the parent/carer-child relationship. It is based on the natural patterns of playful, healthy interaction between parent/carer and child and is personal, physical, and fun.
Theraplay® can assist children and their families experiencing a variety of challenges, including:
- Acting out, angry or disruptive behaviour.
- Defiant or controlling behaviour.
- Shy, withdrawn or clingy behaviour.
- Stress and anxiety.
- Selective mutism.
- Autism, Asperger's Syndrome and other developmental disorders.
- Attention and hyperactivity concerns.
- Social interaction.
- A history of trauma or neglect.
- Attachment issues due to adoption or multiple family placements.
This service is available through a self funded (fee paying) system download the information sheet below for further information.
Click here to book your place in our Australian Theraplay Training: Level 1 and Master Class sessions.
For more information about these sessions click here.